- Sessions on "how to deal with your pain-in-the-butt DBA"
- Larry's keynote rendition of the great oom-pah Chicken Dance
- An exhibitor recommending their neighbour's solution over their own
- Tom finally proposing a Developer-DBA hug-a-thon (awwww, give me a hug Tom!)
- Oracle running on the EeePC (Oracle XEeePC, or ZeepC)
- Oracle's 2nd standard presentation disclaimer slide replaced with "Our word is your guarantee – or your money back"
- Out the door queues to get into the "OCI API in detail" session
- Oracle announcing in its latest round of acquisitions, it accidentally bought itself (apparently Oracle was a great acquisition opportunity as Oracle had great database market share and now Oracle owns 107% of the database market)
- Oracle staff wearing the new corporate tartan shirts (black on black doesn't count as tartan)
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
As I prepare for my next trip to San Fran under the overly generous Oracle ACE Director program, I thought I'd post 10 things we (probably?) wont see at OOW08: