Wednesday 16 December 2009

54% less productive in 2009

In 2008 I noted I was 1% more productive than 2007 with 101 posts. This year my statistics have plummeted, with just on 56 posts, a huge drop in "productivity". I wonder if it's anything to do with having a second kid?

Like last year I find it an interesting exercise to look back over my blog's statistics to work out the most popular pages for the year.

In 2009 the top 5 read blog posts were:

Using multiple faces-config.xml files in JSF
Configuring WebLogic Server Domain/Machine/Server instances with the JDeveloper 11g ADF installer
Configuring a JDev 11g ADF Security app on standalone WLS against MS Active Directory
SoapUI for web service testing
JDev/ADF: How to log user login/logout/timeout to the database

Like 2008 the multi-faces-config.xml post wins out again, being hit just over 5500 times in 2009. Again this is probably indicative that there's a lot of JSF programmers out there beyond ADF programmers.

Of content that was written in 2009, the top 5 blog posts were:

Configuring WebLogic Server Domain/Machine/Server instances with the JDeveloper 11g ADF installer
SoapUI for web service testing
Stress & load testing web applications (even ADF & Apex) using Apache JMeter
JAX-WS Provider API based endpoints in JDev 11g
Enabling SSL and disabling non-SSL under WLS 10.3

These statistics aren't overly representative of the 2009 results as some posts were written later in the year. However the first post received on 2700 hits in 2009, not a surprise as many developers jumped onto the JDev 11g bandwagon and discovered (at the time) configuring WLS needed some thought. I also not a bias towards web service posts, but again they go beyond the Oracle arena where there are plenty more developers.

Like last year I have no large plans for the blog in 2010. My blogging is mostly based around problems and solutions I work on for clients, while I reserve more comprehensive solutions for the SAGE Computing Services training courses and the odd paper I write for OTN or Oracle User Group magazines.

I might still though get a few extra posts in before the end of the year. But if not I'd like to wish readers a relaxing Christmas and New Years or whatever you celebrate on your part of the big round thing.

No comments: