What's one of the worst things about attending Oracle Open World? From my point of view it's the huge amount of marketing. Booooorrrring. I'm a developer, I want to hear technical stuff, not sales talk!!
For ADF developers attending OOW in 2011 this is all set to change. Not only has Oracle lined up a number of ADF presentations during the mainstream conference, but the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (ADF EMG) has a whole day of sessions on the user group Sunday October 2nd!
Think about it. That's a mini ADF conference just for ADF programmers! Even better it will be hosted by ADF experts from around the world to share their day-to-day ADF experiences with you, not just in a brief 1hr session, but 6 sessions in total. That's a lot of ADF content and an addition for no extra cost to your OOW tickets.
So I officially declare OOW'11 "The Year of the ADF developer".
Who have we got lined up for you? I'm glad you asked. We have such A1 ADF presenters as:
* Sten Vesterli - Oracle ACE Director, author of the latest ADF book "Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development - Made Simple" and best speaker at the 2010 ODTUG Kscope conference.
* Frank Nimphius - Oracle Corp's own superstar ADF product manager who produces near-1000 blog posts a day, the ADF code harvests, articles in Oracle Magazine and is a top contributor to the OTN forums in assisting others write successful ADF applications.
* Maiko Rocha - part of Oracle Corp's own WebCenter A-Team who solves some of the most complex and challenging issues Oracle customers throw at ADF and WebCenter.
* Andrejus Baranovskis - ADF blogging wiz whose detailed posts on ADF architecture & best practices has shown many an ADF novice how to put together a working, optimised application using a huge range of ADF features.
* Wilfred van der Deijl - the author of potentially the most important ADF plug-in OraFormsFaces, which gives you the ability to integrate Oracle Forms & ADF into the same running web pages.
* Steven Davelaar - one of the key brains behind Oracle's JHeadstart, and a well known ADF presenter who shows how to push ADF to the extreme for productive development.
* Lucas Jellema - the Fusion Middleware blogging powerhouse from AMIS in the Netherlands, showing how to solve just a
bout any problem in the ADF and FMW space.
Excited? You should be.
But more importantly what are they presenting?
- 09:00 - Sten - Session 32460 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodology Group: Starting an Enterprise Oracle ADF Project
- 10:15 - Frank & Maiko - Session 32480 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodology Group: Learn Oracle ADF Task Flows in Only 60 Minutes
- 11:30 - Andrejus - Session 32481 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodology Group: A+-Quality Oracle ADF Code
- 12:45 - Wilfred - Session 32500 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodology Group: Transitioning from Oracle Forms to Oracle ADF
- 14:00 - Steven - Session 32501 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodoloy Group: Empower Multitasking with an Oracle ADF UI Powerhouse
- 15:15 - Lucas - Session 32502 - Oracle ADF Enterprise Methodology Group: Gold Nuggets in Oracle ADF Faces
All sessions will be held on Sunday October 2nd, so you need to make sure you turn up a day earlier if you only traditionally attend the main part of the conference.
All sessions are in Moscone West room 2000, though remember to check on the day in case the sessions have been moved.
I hope you’re excited as we are in the ADF EMG sessions at Oracle Open World 2011. We really hope you can attend and spread the word about what we’ve got going this year. Remember the ADF EMG is only as good as it’s members’ participation – it’s your group.
(Thanks must go to Bambi Price and the APOUC for giving us the room to hold these presentations at OOW'11).